APPIC Match Number: 159811
The University Counseling Center (UCC) at the University of Utah requires the uniform APPIC Application for Psychology Internship (AAPI) for internship applicants, which will be completed online. Information about the AAPI Online and its completion can be found at the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) web site at www.appic.org.
You must also register for the APPIC Computer Match; you may obtain registration information at www.natmatch.com/psychint. This internship site agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept or use any ranking-related information from any intern applicant.
To make formal application for a UCC internship position for the 2016-2017 training year:
- Complete the AAPI Online in its entirety, including the AAPI, CV, and all graduate transcripts. Submit to our site electronically via the "Applicant Portal" by November 1, 2017.
- Please note that in addition to the standard AAPI Online elements, UCC requires a brief summary of a recent successful counseling case. This Case Summary should demonstrate your theoretical orientation to counseling and reflect your preferred assessment and intervention strategies. Please limit to 2-3 pages, and conform to the Privacy Rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) (e.g., omit name, street address, city, county, zip code, school, month and day of birth, admission date, discharge date, date of treatment, any numbers that identify the individual, e-mail address, or other unique characteristics that could be used to identify the individual). This should be uploaded via the AAPI Online Supplemental Materials field.
- The Director of Clinical Training (DCT) from your academic program will verify your eligibility for internship via the AAPI Online "DCT Portal."
- References who write your letters of recommendation will upload them via the AAPI Online "Reference Portal." We require at least 3 letters of reference by persons who have observed your academic and/or clinical performance. At least one letter should be from a clinical supervisor. Use the new required Standardized Reference Form (SRF) with your recommenders.
- Request an Applicant Agreement Package from National Matching Services, Inc. and register for the APPIC Computer Match by the NMS Deadline.
- Consider attending the optional UCC Open House for Intern Applicants the afternoon of Friday, January 5, 2018.
Please note that UCC does not enter into additional training contracts with academic programs beyond what is required by the APPIC Match. Neither do we complete evaluation forms from the home academic program for interns who have matched at UCC. Please see the "UCC Policy Regarding Academic Programs Requesting Additional Contracts and/or Evaluations" at our Training Program Description page under the Application for Internship section. If your academic program requires such additional contracts or evaluations, please consult with your Director of Clinical Training about this now.
Finally, like many universities, the University of Utah requires applicants who receive
offers of employment to meet requirements including eligibility for legal employment
in the U.S. and criminal background checks. These requirements are also discussed
more fully in our Training Program Description.
I look forward to reviewing your application. Best wishes during the application and match process.
Steven M. Lucero, Ph.D.
Associate Director & Director of Training
University Counseling Center
University of Utah
201 South 1460 East Room 426
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9061
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and seeks to provide access to its programs, services, and activities for people with disabilities. Reasonable prior notice is needed to arrange accommodations.
All interested persons are encouraged to apply.