Letter from the Coordinator of Social Work Training
Dear Prospective Applicant:
If you are a student in the University of Utah MSW program and if you are considering a second-year practicum placement, the University Counseling Center invites you to consider placement in our agency. To introduce our placement, please be informed of the following opportunities available to you as a Social Work Intern in our agency:
- See individuals and couples in outpatient psychotherapy.
- Co-lead group psychotherapy.
- Lead drop-in meditations through our Mindfulness Center.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team of social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists.
- Be involved in consultation and outreach programs.
- Receive individual and group supervision.
- Receive a stipend.
If you are interested in formally applying for a practicum placement at the University Counseling Center, or if you have any questions, please contact your Practicum Coordinator or myself. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and my telephone number is 801-581-6826.
After contacting us, you will be asked to supply the following items:
- A statement of interest noting the specific goals you have for your second-year practicum, as well as your long-term professional goals.
- An official transcript reporting all of your graduate work.
- Your current resume/vita.
- Two (2) Letters of reference. One or both of these letters should address your clinical work; one should be from your current clinical supervisor OR someone who has direct knowledge of your clinical experience, community/organizational/advocacy work, your work ethic, and your participation as a team player.
Please note that the application deadline for 2017 - 2018 placements will be on Wednesday, February 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
The UCC will also be hosting an open house specifically for first year MSW students, and Advanced Standing BSW students to become more familiar with our staff and facilities. This will be held on February 3, 2017 from 3:30-5:00 PM.
Thank you for your interest in the University Counseling Center, and good luck in your training pursuits.
Josh Newbury, LCSW
Coordinator of Social Work Training
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and seeks to provide access to its programs, services, and activities for people with disabilities. Reasonable prior notice is needed to arrange accommodations.
All interested persons are encouraged to apply.