Support Group Registration
Thank you for your interest in our support groups! You do not need to be a counseling center client to join. Anyone affiliated with the university can attend. Staff, faculty, and students are welcome. There is no charge for group participation. The only requirement is that you are physically located in the state of Utah for any session you attend during the period these groups are provided through telemental health. If you have not already done so, you must register at least a day in advance so facilitators will have your information.
Support Groups Currently Offered
- Beyond Binaries is a weekly support group for transgender, nonbinary and gender non-conforming folx.
It meets Fridays at noon. Please contact Sakina Ali for more information.
- Building a Community of Women in STEM, meets Mondays from 4-5pm. This is a space where women & femme-identified students
can connect. For more information, please contact Kamala Ganesh. You can also register for this group online (below).
- Let's Talk Support Group, meets Friday afternoon from 12-1pm. This is a space where students can drop- in for as needed support around social, academic, and life stress, and to learn about other supportive resources available to promote mental and emotional health and overall wellbeing. Please contact Kamala Ganesh for more information about the group.
- Men of Color Self- Compassion Support Group, this group provides a space where men of color can foster community and gain support from other men of color while gaining a sense of increased self- compassion. This group will meet in- person, beginning in August, and will meet on Fridays from 12- 1:15pm. For more information, please register below or contact Roberto Martinez.
- All the Feels: A BIPOC Support Group, meets in- person on Wednesdays from noon-1:30pm. This is a space where BIPOC students can foster community and gain support from other BIPOC students. For more information or to sign- up for the group, please register online (below) or contact Claudia Reyes.
- Faith + Doubt, meets Tuesdays from 3-4:30 pm. This group provides support to those who are exploring
and/or questioning their spiritual/religious/philosophical take on life. For more
information, please contact Susan Chamberlain. You can also register for this group online (below).
- Chai & Chat, is a support group to provide a safe support space for international students to
share their experiences and discuss anything that is confusing, difficult, challenging or amusing. We can talk
about cultural differences, the effects of COVID-19, homesickness, relationships,
adjustment to Utah or to the U. This group meets on Thursdays from 4-5pm. For more
information, please contact Sui Zhang. You can also register for this group online (below).
If there is a support group you’d like to suggest, please contact the University Counseling Center with your idea. We are always interested in knowing how we can best meet the needs of our campus community.