Letter from the Coordinator of Social Work Training
Dear Prospective Applicant:
If you are a student in the University of Utah MSW program and if you are considering a second-year practicum placement, the University Counseling Center invites you to consider applying for placement in our agency. To introduce our placement, please be informed of the following opportunities available to social work Interns:
- See individuals and couples in outpatient psychotherapy.
- Co-lead group psychotherapy.
- Lead drop-in meditations through our Mindfulness Center.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team of social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists.
- Be involved in consultation and outreach programs.
- Receive individual and group supervision.
- Receive a stipend.
If you are interested in formally applying for a practicum placement at the University Counseling Center, or if you have any questions, please contact your Practicum Coordinator or myself. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and my telephone number is 801-581-6826.
Applicants are asked to supply the following items:
- A statement of interest noting (1) the specific goals you have for your second-year practicum and (2) your long-term professional goals.
- An official transcript reporting all of your graduate work to this point, OR the last two years of your undergraduate if you are an Advanced Standing student.
- Your current resume/vita.
- Two (2) Letters of reference. One or both of these letters should address your social work practice expereince (such as current internship, BSW internship, current place of employment if relevant). At least one letter should be from your current practicum supervisor, OR someone who has direct knowledge of your social work experience, community/advocacy work, your work ethic, and your ability to work well as part of a team.
Please note that the application deadline for 2018 - 2019 placements will be on Monday, February 12, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
The UCC will also be hosting an open house for both 1st Years and Advanced Standing students to become more familiar with our staff and facilities. This will be held on February 2, 2018 from 3:30-5:00 PM at the University of Utah Counseling Center in room 426 of the Student Services Building.
Thank you for your interest in the University Counseling Center, and we wish you the very best in your training pursuits.
Josh Newbury, LCSW
Coordinator of Social Work Training
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and seeks to provide access to its programs, services, and activities for people with disabilities. Reasonable prior notice is needed to arrange accommodations.
All interested persons are encouraged to apply.