The University Counseling Center invites University of Utah undergraduate students to consider a paid undergraduate internship with our Mindfulness Center, also known as the Change Coalition. Interns will get training in and practice providing mindfulness interventions, such as facilitating mindfulness meditations and skill building workshops, and outreach presentations focused on building a fiercely compassionate, socially just, and deeply resilient campus community. We provide interns with a weekly credit bearing course (tuition not included) on peer mentoring practices and social justice issues as well as weekly group supervision.
Selected interns will:
- Commit 19 hours per week for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Receive financial and academic credit compensation
- Develop and facilitate programming that builds more just, resilient, and compassionate campuses by combining student wisdom and psychological research
- Conduct mindfulness-oriented outreach presentations across campus
- Facilitate workshops through the Mindfulness Center
Two steps are required for the application process.
- Please complete the application below and imagine that you are writing to someone unfamiliar with your world, and write to that audience. Please be descriptive in your responses. Also, be aware that you cannot save your work, and once submitted the application cannot be retrieved. Therefore, we recommend that you draft your application responses using a saveable medium (e.g., word) and paste your completed responses below. Also, there are word limits in each of the fields below, so please keep track of words used.
- Additionally, please provide a copy of your official transcripts of all your undergraduate coursework. To order official transcripts go to the Registrar's Website. Please have your offical transcript emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are due by 5 PM on March 29, 2019.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Alexis Arczynski at email@example.com or at 801-581-6826.
Thank you for your interest in the Mindfulness Center, and we wish you the very best.